Mmmm. Tis the season of warm and toasty beverages in holiday spirit. There’s no better way to warm up then with a hot, creamy coffee, with an added kick to make you feel even warmer than you actually are!
(One more time: This recipe does contain alcohol.)
What you’ll need:
- 8 oz. hot coffee
- 4 oz. organic* half-and-half (personally I’d go for more breve status with my coffee, but this is a more moderate amount of cream)
- 2 shots pumpkin (Spice) liqueur (Hiram Walker is recommended**)
- Whip cream (necessary)
- Allspice (more necessary)
What to do:
- Make your coffee.
- Heat the organic half and half in a pot on a stove, stirring constantly so it does not stick to the bottom of the pan. (Or just use a microwave for a minute or so.)
- Mix these together into a heat-stable drinking container of choice, and add the Pumpkin Spice Liqueur.
- Top with the whip cream and allspice.
This can also be a tasty iced drink! Just chill the coffee and skip heating the half and half. Or you can drink it lukewarm. You know, endless options and whatever floats your boat and stuff. Whip cream and allspice still necessary.
* In all your holiday spirit, try to care about the cows, too! Check out this off-topic and off-campus article that’s on new organic dairy regulation if you so desire (it’s exciting!): http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/13/business/13organic.html?_r=0.
**There are several other kinds of pumpkin liqueurs you could use, such as one that is cream-based (making your creation eeextra creamy!) Hiram Walker was found to be a good match for the already creamy coffee, and it has graham-crackery and spicy undertones in addition to the strong pumpkin flavor. It also has a nice thick, syrupy consistency with a fun orange tint!
-Rina Kremer ’15
Like WesStuffed? Check out our blog at www.wesstuffed.com