Plan your week ahead by taking note of these entertaining, informational and recreational goings-on in Middletown for the week of Aug. 12-18.
- On Tuesday at 7 p.m., the common council's personnel review committee will vet candidates for deputy assessor and city clerk and review the merging of the parks department with public works, and the recreation and senior services departments into recreation and community services.
- In the mood for music Tuesday? At 7 p.m. Americana and roots is on deck as the Middletown Commission on the Arts Summer Sounds concert presents Last Fair Deal.
- On Wednesday at 5 p.m., Main Street will be filled with bikes of all types for the Motorcycle Mania. Also Wednesday, Shubalananda Saraswati (Larry Kopp) is bringing his spiritual musical performance called Kirtan to The Buttonwood Tree.
- On Thursday at noon is the Middletown Community Health Center Fair and at 2 p.m. at the Russell Library as the days of summer wane, kids are invited to a workshop: Upcycle Your Tees.
- On Friday at Mercy High School, get your running shoes ready for the 3rd Annual Rubber Chicken Run 5K Cross Country Race. That night at the Buttonwood Tree, enjoy A Summer Jam with Ron Barnes & Friends
- On Saturday at Zoar's Pond, get down and dirty for a terrific cause — the Epilepsy Foundation of Connecticut Mud Volleyball Tournament. From 1 to 9 p.m. at Harbor Park is the Middletown Trinidad Style Caribbean Festival. That evening head over to the Buttonwood Tree for folk music with Christa Joy & The World Class Rodeo.