YMCA Camp Ingersoll offers a safe and caring environment where kids and teens have fun, learn new skills, get outdoors, make friends and make memories.
“Spending the summer at camp is not only a valuable and safe experience for youth, it’s also important to their personal development,” said Tony Sharillo, Camp Director, YMCA Camp Ingersoll. “Camp helps youth develop social skills and decision-making skills, and learn from new experiences.”
Camping experts at the Y say that summer camp can have a meaningful impact on youth in several ways:
- Youth experience “unstructured” playtime that they normally don’t have at home or school, thus learning how to become independent, make smart choices, solve problems and work with others.
- The experience of trying and learning new things, including adventurous outdoor activities, gives youth confidence and helps them develop healthy life-long habits.
- As fewer youth are spending time outdoors, camp helps them develop an awareness and appreciation for nature.
- At camp youth are cared for and given guidance, and feel a part of a community, allowing them to feel comfortable being themselves.
- Youth learn from other campers and counselors, and make new friends to share it all with.
YMCA Camp Ingersoll provides exciting and educational summer camp options that appeal to both parents and kids including: Aqua Camp, Acting for Fun, Mega Blocks, Golf, Cheer & Dance, Film Making and Adventure Programs!
With a new voluntary tier pricing structure and financial assistance available, YMCA Camp Ingersoll’s programs are affordable experiences for any family to send a child to camp this summer.
For more information about YMCA Camp Ingersoll and the Middlesex YMCA located in Middletown, CT, visit www.campingersoll.org or contact YMCA Camp Ingersoll at 860-343-6230.