Town of East Haddam, CT – Mark B. Walter, First Selectman, announced that the Town of East Haddam is contemplating a project to replace/rehabilitate the Johnsonville Road Bridge over the Moodus River. The bridge replacement/rehabilitation project would receive Federal funds under the Federal Local Bridge Program administered by the Connecticut Department of Transportation.
If undertaken, the project design would be expected to begin in early 2013, with construction likely in 2014.
Mark B. Walter points out that local and state policy encourages early information to citizens on such projects and encourages people to raise any concerns with municipal officials early in the planning process.
Persons wanting additional information should contact Mark B. Walter, First Selectman, 7 Main Street, P.O. Box K, East Haddam, CT 06423, (860) 873-5020.
The cost of the bridge replacement/rehabilitation would receive 80% reimbursement from Federal aid with the remaining 20% paid from municipal funds.
The Federal aid for the project was authorized under the Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users (SAFETEA-LU) administered by the Federal Highway Administration and the Connecticut Department of Transportation.
Submitted by press release.