The Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce Central Business Bureau, announced that Middletown’s 27th Annual Holiday on Main Street will continue on Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in downtown Middletown.
There will be family-oriented events throughout the day including free hayrides along Main Street and Holiday Story Time with Poky the Little Puppy and Police Chief Bill McKenna.
- 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. (FREE) BREAKFAST WITH SANTA at Middletown Park & Recreation Office (100 Riverview Center - Suite 140) and Free Pictures with Santa
- 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. - ANNUAL HOLIDAY BOOK FAIR at The Russell Library (123 Broad St.) - The Friends of the Russell Library will be selling their best, most recently published fiction and non-fiction books representing a wide range of subjects such as art, sports, cooking, history, home and hobbies, science, nature, and travel. There will also be collectible and vintage books. All books are great bargains, and most are in excellent condition. Movies, music and recorded books will also be on sale. For more information, call (860) 347-2528.
- 10:30 a.m - 2:30 p.m. - The Kiwanis Club of Middletown will be staffing the POPCORN & HOT PRETZELS stand in front of the Chamber - stop by to learn more about the organization! Also HOLIDAY MUSIC played by Harvest Woods Audio
- 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Greet SANTA and enjoy FREE HAYRIDES, sponsored by Webster Bank & Pratt & Whitney
- 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. – THE FUN TRAIN, courtesy of Middletown Downtown Business District will offer FREE RIDES on the sidewalk around the downtown throughout the day!
- Webster Bank is sponsoring a “GIVING TREE” to benefit Middletown Park & Recreation’s Holiday Program, which provides presents for disadvantaged children. Take an ornament off the Giving Tree, buy a suggested gift and return it with the ornament to Webster Bank during the week or to the Middlesex Chamber during Holiday On Main Street on Saturdays. All items should be new and in unopened packages (no gift wrap, please). For more information, contact Kristen Faraci at (860) 638-6930 or email@example.com.
- 11:30 a.m. - 12 noon - HOLIDAY STORY TIME – POKY the LITTLE PUPPY will be at Middletown Park & Recreation Office (100 Riverview Center – Suite 140), where Police Chief Bill McKenna will read stories. At the end of the reading, there will be books for sale and a “Book Signing” by Poky, Little Puppy, sponsored by Broad Street Books, Middletown. Bring your camera!
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – “SANTA AND THE THREE BEARS” - Bring the whole family to see this film at the Center for Film Studies at Wesleyan University. Admission is FREE! (Please note: no food or drink is allowed in the Cinema and this event was made possible with support from Wesleyan Film Department)
- 7:30 p.m. – A CIVIL WAR CHRISTMAS: AN AMERICAN MUSICAL CELEBRATION at Oddfellows Playhouse (128 Washington St). The play, which received its world premiere at Long Wharf Theatre in 2008, tells the story of a Christmas Eve in Washington, D.C. in 1864. Author Paula Vogel weaves together historical fact with humanizing detail and inventive fiction to explore the celebration of Christmas and our nation during wartime. For more information, go to www.oddfellows.org or call 860- 347-6143.
Middletown’s 27th Annual Holiday on Main Street is sponsored by The City of Middletown, Pratt & Whitney, Downtown Business District, Apple Rehab Middletown, Eli Cannon’s Tap Room, Greco Design, Liberty Bank, Malloves Jewelers, Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce, Middlesex YMCA, Russell Library, St. Vincent DePaul Middletown, Webster Bank, Middlesex Hospital Community Council, and Rag & Bone.