Last Valentine's Day, the National Trust for Historic Preservation named Middletown one of the five Most Romantic Main Streets in the country — the combination of historical buildings, views of the Connecticut River, restaurants, shops and Wesleyan University make it a charming place to peruse with that special person.
The has compiled businesses offering special promotions for this Valentine's Day.
- is offering a complimentary box of Munson’s chocolates for anyone who places an order for a Valentine’s bouquet by Feb. 12 in addition to Free Delivery to Downtown Merchants! Call 860-347-3882.
- 15 percent off on all "Ladybug Girl" books and gift sets through Feb. 15.
- $10 off any purchase over $25
- Purchase a $50 gift card and receive a half-hour body repair or half hour skin therapy treatment free, or purchase a gift card Feb. 9 for 20 percent off.
- Heart-shaped cakes, Valentine petite cakes and Valentine themed cupcakes. A $3 off discount on the small or large cake to customers who mention the Downtown Business District promotion (excludes petite cakes and cupcakes). Two petite cakes or 6-pack of cupcakes for $12.99.
- Four-course romantic dinner special for $49.95 each. Overnight stay for two with complimentary upgrade to suite* (based on availability), complimentary valet parking, breakfast for two, 15 percent off at the Tavern at the Armory. $185.00 plus taxes. Feb. 10-20. Add $10 to your room rate and have chocolate-covered strawberries and a bottle of Champagne delivered to your room.
- Take 20 percent off any heart in stock piece of jewelry (excludes Pandora, Alex Ani, Solider to Soldier and engagement rings). Through Feb. 14.
- Valentine menu: Butternut Sage Ravioli, Raspberry Sage Truffle Oil Whole Wheat Rustica, Chocolate Lava Souffle, wine & beer specials. Vegan chocolates and spoon and fork jewelry for shoppers. Open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Valentine’s Day.
- 10 percent off any yarn or item red or pink; 10 percent off gift certificates Feb. 13-14.
- 20 percent off all jewelry and anything in the store that has red or pink in it. Feb. 13-14.
- Cookie bouquets in a terracotta pot wrapped in cellophane. Cookies included are chocolate chip, oatmeal cranberry and sugar cookies. $18 plus tax. Special glazed sugar heart cookies and Linzer cookies. Pre-order recommended.
- $10 tulips, assorted colors for Valentine’s. Cash and carry only, no deliveries. Free delivery on preordered arrangements for Feb. 13 to Downtown
- Zable Beads, Buy three beads, get one free.
- Chocolate-covered strawberries and special champagne truffle-filled cupcakes. Free local delivery.
- Cupid's Coffee, free tasting of various drinks to be featured through February, presented by Martin Brown. Feb. 13, 5-7:30 p.m.
- Valentine's three-course prix fixe menu for two, includes Champagne and wine pairings for each course with complimentary chocolate-covered strawberries. $150 per couple.
- 25 percent off all two-hour chocolate tours and tastings. Advance purchase on or before Valentine's Day and must be redeemed on or before Easter.
- Pamper Yourself Packages. Platinum: Wash, Dry, Style, Makeup Application and choice of Hair Tinsel or False Lashes $55. Gold: Wash, Dry, Style, & Makeup Application $45. Silver: Wash, Dry, & Style $30