- Middletown Public Schools have a two-hour delay Wednesday as Mercy, Xavier and Vinal Technical cancel classes for inclement weather.
- Russell Library will open at 1 p.m.
- The Middletown YMCA is open but is not holding morning child watch or adult morning group exercise classes. The 9 a.m. adult water exercise class will not be running, and neither will any morning children's swim lessons. The preschool will open at 9 a.m., and the Kids Korner sites have a delayed opening.
- All Department of Motor Vehicles offices, including the one in Middletown's Main Street Market are open, however the state is advising folks to check the website before heading down.
- Middlesex Community College classes proceed as usual.
- The Green Street Arts Center will open.
On Tuesday, AAA's Roadside Rescue Team received 987 calls for emergency road service in Greater Hartford and eastern Connecticut (Hartford, Middlesex, Tolland, Windham, and New London Counties). The top four call types were for towing, jump starts/battery service, lockouts and flat tires. So far Wednesday morning, it received an additional 25 calls for service.
Middletown Snow Central: Winter Storm's Approach Prompts…
Severe Cold and 6-10 Inches of Snow Headed Toward Middletown