Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce Central Business Bureau, announced Holiday On Main Street, which kicked off on November 25 with 3,000 people in downtown Middletown, will continue this Saturday, December 3 from 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., and is Rotary Club of Middletown Day. The Holiday on Main Committee, chaired by Al Santostefano and Co-Chairman Rich Greco, encourages everyone to come out to this great event to enjoy all of the activities.
The schedule for Saturday, December 3 is as follows:
- 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. - The Rotary Club of Middletown will be staffing the popcorn and hot pretzels stand in front of the Chamber; stop by to learn more about the organization and enjoy holiday music played by Harvest Woods Audio.
- 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. - Members of Middletown Spartans semi-professional football team will meet and greet everyone in front of the Middlesex Chamber with treats for all.
- 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. - Greet Santa and enjoy free hayrides, sponsored by Downtown Business District and Oddfellows Playhouse Youth Theater.
- Webster Bank is sponsoring a Giving Tree to benefit Middletown Park & Recreation’s holiday program, which provides presents for disadvantaged children. Take an ornament off the Giving Tree, buy a suggested gift and return it with the ornament to Webster Bank during the week or to the Middlesex Chamber during Holiday On Main Street on Saturdays. All items should be new and in unopened packages (no gift wrap, please). For more information, contact Kristen Faraci at (860) 638-6930 or email@example.com
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Holiday Story Time with Curious George, sponsored by Santangelo & Walter Consultants, will be in the lobby at 100 Riverview Center, where Acting Police Chief Bill McKenna will read stories. At the end of the reading, there will be books for sale and a book signing by Curious George, sponsored by Broad Street Books of Middletown. Bring your cameras.